PECOS Management Services Inc. Capabilities
Technical Support Services
- Conducted environmental compliance audits for DoD and DOE facilities including Buckley ANG Base, Dover AFB, Kirtland AFB, Peterson AFB, Whidby Island NAS, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and Rocky Flats.
- ES&H lead for the conceptual design report for a major new non-reactor nuclear facility at Los Alamos National Laboratory. Developed design criteria for both in-building and external ES&H controls, development of the Permitting Plan, Pollution Prevention Plan, Waste Minimization Plan and 'environmentally friendly' design criteria.
- Prepared a technical summary of all federal laws and regulations pertaining to hazardous and radioactive waste remedial actions at Formerly Utilized Defense Sites on Native American Lands. Reviewed the overseeing agencies regulations implementing the CAA, CWA, RCRA, CERCLA, Threatened and Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act as well as the associated US Army regulations.
- Development and implementation of national program and specific contract quality assurance programs including managing the original nation-wide Quality Assurance Program for the Environmental Protection Agency, developing a DOE and NQA-1 compliant quality control/quality assurance program for a major A/E/C, and acting as QA officer for a major weapons program support contract for LANL.
- Managed three concurrent environmental restoration support contracts to DoD that required management and control of site investigations through site restoration tasks at 8 US Air Force and 2 US Navy sites. Responsibilities included development of initial work plans and budgets, conducting monthly progress reviews, and review/approval of major deliverables including RI/FS reports and interim corrective action reports.
- Management of the P3- based project management and controls system for the DOE Uranium Mill Tailings Remedial Action Project, which was a 15 year project involving the characterization, permitting and cleanup of 24 old uranium millsites and over 200 WBS elements for each.
- Managed two environmental technical support contracts to the US Postal Service that included NEPA compliance, real estate transaction support and site investigations/cleanups.
- Provided project management, process engineering, equipment specifications, review of construction contractor equipment purchase order, control philosophy, and project acceptance procedures for a 60 gallon per minute low-level radioactive waste water treatment plant at the USDOE Hanford Plutonium Finishing Plant.
- Researched and implemented new financial accounting systems for start-up companies. Provided governmental accounting requirements expertise to insure that such systems would be DCAA acceptable.
- Developed and implemented financial management system and organization improvements to bring companies in compliance with FAR and specific contractual record keeping and reporting requirements. For example, one small business was severely behind in closing accounting periods and preparing indirect cost submissions. Also, contracts had not been updated in several months resulting in billing delays. Priorities were established for corrective actions, additional staff were hired, billing and financial month-end processing were brought up-to-date and indirect cost submissions to be prepared and delivered on time.
- PECOS personnel have conducted financial audits of multi million dollar technical and operational support contracts to the US Army at White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico and Yuma Proving Ground, Arizona and to the US Air Force at Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico. At Kirtland Air Force Base, a principal of PECOS was responsible for all corporate and project financial and administrative functions in support of the Base Operations for the Civil Engineering Squadron and assisted with the financial year-end closure as well as DCAA audit preparations.
Business Development and Proposal Support
- Total preparation of the Business, Technical and Cost Volumes, including graphics, formatting, and technical editing for an ER/WM support contract at LANL for a Native American owned environmental firm (awarded).
- Preparation of a General Services Administration (GSA) proposal for a small business specializing in safety analysis. The firm was awarded a GSA contract, which has resulted in new tasks with a value of over $3M.
- Technical Volume and Cost Volume Captains and authors for Project & Risk Management, Support Services, and Transition Sections for the Environmental Remediation Services Proposal to DOE for the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant.
- Technical Volume and Orals Preparation lead for the Base Operations Support Proposal for Malmstrom AFB, MT.
- Cost Volume lead for base operational support proposal for NASA - Glenn Research Center (awarded).
- Cost Volume lead for multiple competitive proposals to DOE M&O contractors. Results were 6 new contracts - 3 at Oak Ridge, 2 at Rocky Flats, and 1 at Idaho Falls.
- Program and Business Management approach coaches - orals preparation for the Environmental Remediation Services Proposal to DOE for the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant.
- Subject Matter Expert and Orals Planning Team Member - Rocky Flats M&I proposal for Kaiser-Hill
Phone: 505-323-8355 Fax: 505-323-2028
Call Us Toll Free: 1-877-423-8355